- CCW Permits
Per O.R.C. 2923.125(B), persons may apply for a CCW permit in the county in which they live or a surrounding county. Therefore, the Logan County Sheriff will only be able to issue permits to those residing in Logan, Auglaize, Champaign, Hardin, Shelby, or Union counties.
CCW permit packets are available for pick up 7 days a week, 24 hours a day from the corrections staff. Everything needed for an initial CCW or renewal is in the packet, including a list of instructions of what to bring back and turn in with your completed forms. You will need the following for both new and renewals:
- Completed Application - also available here: https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Forms/Forms-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-License-and-Renewal-Application.aspx
- CCW Questionnaire
- 2" x 2" color photo
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope
- proof of training (copy of certificate, proof of active or honorably discharged military, or copy of current CCW license if renewing)
Fingerprinting Dates & Times
(walk-in hours / no appointments)
- Tuesday: 7 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Wednesday: 11 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- New permit, Ohio resident for more than 5 years: $67
- New permit, Ohio resident for less than 5 years: $77
- Renewal, Ohio resident for more than 5 years: $50
- Renewal, Ohio resident for less than 5 years: $60
- Temporary emergency, Ohio resident for more than 5 years: $37
- Temporary emergency, Ohio resident for less than 5 years: $54
- Replacement license: $15
- Retired Peace Officers (with retirement card) and Current or Honorably Discharged Military Members (with DD214 or active ID card): Fee is Waived
Cash (exact amount) or credit card payments only. All credit cards will be charged a service fee.